

**District 05 GSR Meeting Minutes  
 Wednesday December 11th, 2024  
 6:45 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. (Zoom)**

**Opening:** Serenity Prayer – GSR’S Present (5 in person- 4 online) - - Max- 12th Tradition  
**Welcome:** Introductions, Housekeeping, Anniversaries, Speaking Engagements, Review of Membership Guidelines

<p><b>Reports</b>          (3-5 minutes each)</p> <p><i>Note: Email reports to secretary prior to monthly GSR meetings</i></p>	<p><b>Officers</b></p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>• <b>DCM (Pat T)</b> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>o Organizational meeting flyer is out, meeting is on 1/8/24 at 4:45pm just before the district meeting at the Alano Club, several chair positions available—please come and see if you fit into one of the roles—it is highly rewarding and good experience</li> </ul> </li> </ul> <p style="text-align: center;"><b>-----Please bring to your groups-----</b></p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>o Special accessibilities chair is looking to pass the torch—be great if we could find someone to fill the spot</li> <li>o Actively reviewing the guidelines, one more meeting before we finish the draft and present the changes to the groups</li> <li>o Attended a zoom call with the corrections committee           <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>▪ Corrections committee for wisconsin died suddenly, condolences go out to Hawk’s family</li> <li>▪ Another meeting on 12/30 at 5pm—zoom info available—reach out to Pat or Nicholas</li> </ul> </li> </ul>	
--	---	--

- o Delegate is going to host DCM call on 1st Tuesday of the month (zoom)
- o Half way through our term in district—I welcome any feedback on the district service
- o Attended the ACM—for DCMs on Dec 7th—talked about celebration for life for Hawk this thursday, also funeral service for Andy B on Friday—two sad losses for our fellowship
- o How do we get more involved as committee members?
- o Our next district meeting will be 1/8/25 6:45pm, at Club 12 and online.

Questions:

**Brian:** Do you have any updates on the Area Finance Committee?

**Pat:** I have no update on that particular issue. The upcoming meeting will be addressing it. Received a letter to suspend contributions to the area because of some issues with the delegate. Will see if I can forward it. There's finance issue discussions that will be brought up.

**Brian:** We have volunteers that will help oversee the inventory for the finance committee as a third party.

**Jim:** Suggestion—Maybe that inventory should be shared so we can discuss it.

**Max:** there was inventory data already done

**Max:** Did you talk about the special assembly?

**Pat:** I did not. Dec 9th there was a special assembly. Char V for trustee was nominated with 20-4 vote. Congrats Char.

**Max:** Did you mention structures with guidelines?

**Pat:** yes

**Max:** I was thinking about the February time frame.

**Pat:** We will talk about it later down in business.

- **Alt. DCM (Courtney R.)**
  - Not much to report
  - No recent workshops
  - Been communicating with Isaiah mostly
  - If you have a workshop for your group bring it to my attention
  
- **Secretary (Joe S)**
  - Reminder to email reports before next month's meeting
  - area74.org under links has new group forms and group change forms that are fillable pdf's. Please email forms to me as well ([jsargeant3@gmail.com](mailto:jsargeant3@gmail.com)), so I can update our list.

Max motioned to approve minutes–Brian seconded  
–Vote taken– 5- in person, and 6- online

\*\*\*Minutes Approved, GSR Passed\*\*\*

- **Treasurer (Kaufua)**
  - Detailed report circulated.
  - As a courtesy for Pat–I try to send report 24 hrs ahead of time so anything not within that time will not be reflected on the report
  - Paid PO box, and it is under mine and Pat's name (he is a secondary to it)
  - Black bar on the sheet is the treatment committee which has a separate sheet
  - 4th sheet is budget proposals
  - Archives is not on the printout because it was not received prior to sending it to Pat
  - text or send to personal email if you want a reimbursement (in case district email is not working)

	<ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>○ <a href="mailto:kaufua_xiong@hotmail.com">kaufua_xiong@hotmail.com</a></li> <li>○ (715) 579-3350</li> </ul> <p>Balances: Savings = \$612.89 Checking = \$3,052.12</p> <p>Discussion:</p> <p><b>Patti:</b> PO box for one year?  <b>Kaufua:</b> Yes. Do you feel like we are paying too much?  <b>Patti:</b> Yes, but don't change it because you will lose your box #.  <b>Max:</b> Is there a budget breakdown?  <b>Kaufua:</b> Yes there is. If you want I can send you the statement.  <b>Max:</b> For each month?  <b>Kaufua:</b> Yes  <b>Max:</b> What about proposals?  <b>Kaufua:</b> It's on the fourth sheet.  <b>Max:</b> Do we have line items?  <b>Kaufua:</b> No they don't. They are here to argue their points tonight.</p> <p><b>Committees</b></p>	
	<ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>● <b>Corrections (Pam S)</b> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>○ Got our first pre-release form in PO Box! Please let me know if you need a form.</li> <li>○ Jim and Carey went to the county board meeting in Buffalo County. <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>■ Clark and Buffalo fell off Wed and Sat meetings</li> <li>■ Trempealeau is a good one</li> <li>■ Talk to Jim S to get on the tele-zoom meetings</li> </ul> </li> <li>○ 1st tuesday at 6pm</li> <li>○ Jake attended the conference—he will give his experience</li> </ul> </li> </ul> <p><b>Jake:</b> I attended virtually because I was sick. Still a cool experience. Listened to speakers and panelists. People who were murderers and had life sentences. There was inmate to inmate sponsoring. There was a bid process for 2026 in another state. Learned about history about meetings being held in prisons. Highest attended corrections conference since inception. I learned that at the 2015 convention in Atlanta, the main speaker was currently spending time in prison in Georgia.</p>	

- **PI (Doug)**

- Helping tomorrow with a treatment event at McKinley
- Been invited to DHS eau claire to sit on one of their groups (drug court) in february
- Looking to change meeting time—conflicts with another committee meeting

- **CPC (Jim P)**

- There seems to be an ongoing synergy regarding an effort to engage juvenile detention and youth services staff about the utility of AA in their work. Some of our members have made informal suggestions via face-to-face contact. I have sent emails to likely contacts that I have found through the web pages. Nothing concrete has materialized yet
- We are going to be cancelling our December meeting. There are activities in progress that we have not heard responses on. We will have our next meeting on Monday, January 13th, at 7 PM, at Starbucks on Clairemont in Eau Claire.

--Please update the website to reflect this!--

- **Treatment (Isaiah A)**

- Purchased 30 PLBB and distributed them to treatment centers we host meetings at. Looking to hear feedback from them. Arbor place seems to be the most active and responsive.
- Reached out to multiple community businesses offering information about AA— the McKinley Charter School replied. Tomorrow (12/11) there's an open house—Sue and Kyrstin will be at an open table with some literature (1:30-5:00PM)...the principal seems very interested in working with us. Moving forward,

	<p>we will see if we can provide them with literature. I was surprised to see how responsive the school was</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>○ Natalie H did a wonderful job in coordinating speakers. She will be transitioning off the committee at the end of the year.</li> </ul> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>● <b>Special Accessibilities (Jim S)</b> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>○ N/A</li> </ul> </li> </ul> <p><b>Pat:</b> Jim S is looking to pass his position for Special Accessibilities. Anyone interested please get a hold of me.</p>	
<p><b>Old Business:</b></p>	<ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>● Committee to Review Guidelines Update (Max)</li> </ul> <p><b>Max:</b> Finalizing changes. Met 3 or 4 times and going to bring a marked up doc to the committee and send it out before the February meeting for everyone to review and approve (or disapprove).</p> <p><b>Pat:</b> We removed alot of implications and made it more concise</p> <p><b>Max:</b> each committee chair can jump to their sections and review it.</p> <p><b>Pat:</b> This is not an overnight approval. It will take time.</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>● 2026 ECR and Area 74 Conference organizational meeting 1/8/25 4:45pm</li> <li>● Send Contact Info to: <a href="mailto:secretary@district05.org">secretary@district05.org</a> (or <a href="mailto:jsargeant3@gmail.com">jsargeant3@gmail.com</a> ) and <a href="mailto:dcm@district05.org">dcm@district05.org</a></li> </ul>	
<p><b>New Business:</b></p>	<ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>● Budget proposals for 2025</li> </ul> <p><b>Jim:</b> Just an idea—one way to make the budget more accurate year to year—create a discretionary budget line that's labeled “misc” and may help the committees that go over their budget.</p>	

Administration: Proposing \$1100  
Alt-DCM-\$275  
Archives-\$640  
Corrections-\$1700  
CPC-\$250  
DCM-\$1200  
Grapevine:\$180  
Literature-\$50  
Newsletter-\$25  
PI-\$1500  
Special Needs-\$50  
Treatment-\$1200  
Website-\$563  
Workshops-\$2400

voting: 5 in person and 6 online—in favor  
none opposed...passed unanimously.

**\*\*Budget Approved for 2025\*\***

Discussions:

**Max:** I wanted to give Weaver the opportunity to talk about new technology.

**Weaver:** Big picture is moving our email, etc. to one of the bigger email hosts to make it easier for the 2 year position rotation for anybody who wants to take it over. That is why the increase.

**Max:** There a way to have zero downtime? (for transitioning)

**Weaver:** We should be pretty close to no downtime.

**Brian:** We just paid for some services...will it be prorated back?

**Weaver:** No. There's a stagger in the charges. It's a corporate way of making more money.

**Max:** Regarding history, I don't know what kind of email backups we get, but will we be able to maintain all of that?

**Weaver:** My plan is to move everything. I think that should be possible, but I haven't figured it all out yet. I will start in January if the proposal passes. I will talk about them to everyone first before I pull any triggers. My plan is to keep it all though.

**Jim:** We should have more flexibility for the workshop spending, that is why there was so much left.

**Pat:** It was discussed that it was strictly for district committee related things.

**Patti:** This is from the Northside trying to put on a workshop but not being able to pay the rent. The budget is an incentive for the district to put on workshops. It was for everyone and not just committee members.

**Weaver:** It is a separate issue that needs to be addressed another time and not be the focus of this meeting.

**Pat:** It was based on a \$200 per month per potluck.

- Service Workshop Venue (Isaiah)
  - Idea is to put on a nice event and do a lot of outreach to districts and have chairs and members to be more interested and knowledgeable in their positions.
  - Budget proposal is for \$2000
  - Having it at a hotel looks more attractive. We would like to host it at the Best Western in Eau Claire (\$1200 for venues)
  - Having a working lunch type style would be a good thing instead of having people leaving to go get food (\$600 for lunch catering)
  - Any extra expenses and coffee (\$200)

**Patti:** Date?

**Isaiah:** March 29th, 2025

**Pat:** We have money for that?

**Isaiah:** I was hoping the workshop budget would be okay for it?

**Pat:** It is not.

\*Some discussion and cross talking over where the original purpose of the budget came from\*

**Brian:** I would like to open for discussion on removing some of the restrictions on using the workshop budget.

**Pat:** I will add that to new business. Bring it back to your groups and discuss how we want to use the workshop budget. Do we want to take the 200



	<p>per month for potlucks and allocate it for that instead?</p> <p><b>Max:</b> Is it safe to say the language of the “workshop” budget confused you? Maybe we should rename it from “workshop” to maybe a “potluck” budget.</p> <p><b>Kaufua:</b> Present a motion so we can vote on it.</p> <p><b>Pat:</b> Isaiah needs to bring forth a motion for this specific event.</p> <p><b>Brian:</b> I would like for individual groups to discuss it.</p> <p><b>Pat:</b> I agree. We will put it on new business for next month</p>	
<p><b>Open Mic (2mins)</b></p>		

**Next Meeting:**

**Wednesday, January 8th @ 6:45PM—Conference**  
**Organizational meeting @4:45pm**

**Reports Due:**

*Open Forum, Sharing Session*

**Closing:**

**Responsibility Statement**

“I am responsible. When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of AA always to be there. And for that: I am responsible.”